Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Best Day Ever

Once When I was a little girl I always wanted to make a bird house but no ever had time, my parents always had to work. But one day my grandpa told me that we were going to make a bird house and i was so happy, I remember screaming and jumping up and down filled with joy. But before we could start the bird house my grandpa told me that we had to go to Home Depot to get the wood and the paint. When we got to Home Depot I saw a kit for making the bird house and I told my grandpa "grandpa look what I found" and he said " that great now we don't have to spend a lot of money" he said. So we took the kit and pay for it and ran out of Home Depot so we can get started on the bird house.

When we got home we got started on the bird house as soon as possible. First we open the kit and found paint and a whole bunch of woods that you could make two birds house if you wanted to. We took the wood and the glue out and out them in separate piles so we wouldn't lose any pieces. I said to my grandpa" grandpa I am going to go get the hammer and the nails in the basement" I said and "OK" he said. As I went to the basement I realize that this is the best day ever because I finally got to make my bird house with my grandpa. So I came back with the hammer and the nails and we just got off to work. The first thing we did was hammer the nails on the wood, It was really hard because I had to hammer the nails on the wood because the wood would sometimes fall out of y hands but then I the hand of it. After I hammer all the nails on the wood we got started painting. The colors that I chose was pink and purple because I wanted to be a princess castle. We started painting and the bird house just look amazing, there was three holes for the birds to go inside and eat. After we finished the bird house I thought it was to plain like something was missing. The thing that was missing was stickers I wanted blue glittery stickers. So after is dried we put the glittery stickers on it was perfect.

After we finish we were walking to the big tree we have in our backyard and I told my grandpa " grandpa we forgot something" I said what did we forget" he said "we forgot string"and my grandpa told me that we have to go back to Home Depot to get some string becuase there was none in my house. When we got to Home Depot we found the string ad ran back to the car and when we got home I saw my bird house on the grass in the shade and as I was walking toward the bird house I saw three birds eating becuase before when we left the house to go to Home Depot I put some food in the house. So as soon as the bird finish eating we took the string to tie it around the bird house and as we were walking to the big tree I told my grandpa "did you see that grandpa did you see the birds eating" " yes" he said he told me lucky we put some food in the house before we left to go to Home Depot. So we got to the big tree that we have in our backyard and we hung up are pink and purple bird house, It was so pretty. And as soon as we hung it up we saw like 5 birds coming towards the bird house. At that moment I realized it was the best day ever becuase I never seen birds so up close they were just a few inches away and I was surprise that they weren't even afraid of us. As we watch the birds eat their food in their house I told my grandpa"thank you so much for helping me it was really fun making the bird house" and he told me no problem.After that we made some lemonade and we set down and talk. And that was the best day ever
.

No comments:

Post a Comment