Monday, March 23, 2009

The Secret

It was my best friend's deepest secret and it would be a hard one too keep. I didn't know if I could handle all this pressure. I felt like someone just put weights on my shoulder. Its going to be so hard for me to keep this secret. But what if I have no choice. What if something happens between us, I mean were best friends and best friends keep secrets right? My name is Julia.

It all started when it was are first day of high school. My best friend name is Christina. We been best friends since the day we were born. My mom was really good friends with Christina mom. My mom name is Angela. And my best friend mom name is Patricia. My mom told me that they been friends since high school, and still friends.

When me and Christina were walking to our first day of high school she seem quiet it felt like I was walking with nobody. She was just swinging her favorite key chain that I got her for her last birthday. She looked sad I couldn't believe she had not said a word yet so I had to be the first one to say some thing. " Christina whats wrong with you, you didn't say one word when you pick me up. Whats going on". She still ignore me. She continue to play with her key chain. but then she stop and just stared at me like I said something wrong. " what do you mean whats wrong with me. Does it look like something wrong with me." she said. " Christina. your acting really weird are you nervous. Don't worry you will be okay in high school". " Julia that's not the problem OK!. Just leave me alone. Will talk about it later. I just need to be alone right now okay".I can't believe it. Whats the matter with her. Whatever it is, she going to have to tell me sooner or later.

I got to my first class which was social studies, which I didn't like at all. I mean who cares what happen in the past, can't we focus on whats happening now. I didn't pay attention in class which was a bad idea, after all it was the first day of high,but to me it didn't seem like the first day, It seems like I been here for 3 months. I just want to get to my next class because Christina had the same class. When I got there she just stared at me like I did something wrong again, I just ignore her hoping that she wasn't looking at me like that anymore. My teacher Mr. Lopez just stared at me like I was late to class, but that when I notice that I was late to class. " Why are you late to my class, Julia" Mr. Lopez said "Oh.......sorry" I murmured under my breath. But he heard me because the class was way to quiet. " Well since its your first day of High school here. I will not send you to the office please take a seat. And make sure it won't happen tomorrow. "okay" I said. I headed to the back of the classroom since I didn't see anything in the front or in the middle. I was going to sit with Christina but this other girl was sitting there, she just gave me a dirty look. But I ignore her has well, just like Christina".

Finally school was over. I was shocked I looked over and Christina was smiling at me. Which was a good thing, I think. " Hey Julia. Whats up"she said in a happy hyper way. " Whats up with me, What's up with you". The smile she just had suddenly vanished. Ugh. I wish I never said that. " what do you mean whats wrong with me Julia." " you were acting wired in the morning remember Christina you told me to leave you alone, and now you want to talk to me." "I know, and I'm sorry about that Julia. Really I am, I just got a lot on my mind I guess." " And that alright for you to take it out on me. your best friend, since the day we were born. you know what Christina I'll talk to you later. I can't handle this right now. Bye." "Wait Julia don't go please. Like I said before there a lot on mind that I don't think I can tell you" "Christina, how could I help you if you don't even tell me whats going on. I can't read minds " " I wish you could so that I don't have to tell you" she whispered. " Look. I have to go Christina. If you don't want to tell me than keep it to yourself than. But just remember we were best friends for a very long time. I know how to handle a secret okay. See ya later. Maybe I'll call you later" I just turned my back and walked away. Ugh. I just can't believe she doing this to me. I know how to keep secrets I think. But why did this have to happen today, our first day of high and already were not talking. I thought when you go to High school it was suppose to be fun. And some people say when you go to high school you forget about your old friends and move on with different people. you know like different clicks.

I made it home. When I saw my mom she was getting stuff out of her car, from here it look like she got office supplies for her new job. but it wasn't, it was just paper stuff. " Hey Julia!!!!" my mom shouted. I hate when she does that. She makes me sound like a little kid. finally when I was at the front of my house I said " Hi mom." " How was your first day of high school Julia?" " ........fine , I murmured. " Whats the matter sweet heart? were some kids making fun of you or something" " First of all mom stop calling me sweet heart okay mom. And second of all none of the kids were making fun of me. It just a long story." " I got time Julia tell me what happen" "Well mom its about Christina" " Oh no. Are you sure its about Christina." "Positive".

I told my mom the whole story. And she agreed with me. Christina should have told me what happen after all we have been friends since the day we were born. " I'm sure she will tell you sooner or later sweet heart ju----." I interrupted her " Mom what did I just say about you calling me sweet heart." " Sorry Julia"

I went to my room without saying anything to my mom after that. But I heard her down stairs. I think she was talking to Christina mom. I just hope she doesn't tell her what I just told my mom. I started my Homework. I didn't have any other homework just one from Mr. Lopez, I don't think him and me are going to get along. But I have to try. I looked out the window it was pouring out there. It look so cool I wanted to go out there and just let the rain fall on me, and forget what happen today at school. So I did go out side in to the rain. I got passed my mom she as still talking on the phone anyway so whatever. When I got outside to the pouring rain I just forgot about everything. I sat on the last stair step so I can get wet in the rain. I was already soaking but I didn't care. As I was just sitting there I looked up at the clouds. And I was also thinking what secret Christina hiding but sooner or later she will tell me, just like my mother said. " Young lady you get right back inside this house.NOW!!!!. Great I thought to my self, now I'm in trouble. " coming mom. So sorry. It will never happen again without you permission"

After all the yelling. I read for awhile, then I watch T.V. Apparently they found a teenage boy in the woods. They said they have not catch who ever did it but they will. The boy had beautiful brown eyes well at least in the picture. He had blond hair. And they said his name was Jacob. Poor Jacob I thought to myself I hope they get who ever did this. How could people do this. I was board I didn't know what I should to now. I went to go call Christina but before I picked up the phone, it rang. That was wired I thought. I answered it " Hello" " Hey Julia. Its me Christina. Look you were right about the whole thing. We have been friends for a long time now so I'm just going to tell you okay." " Julia are you still there" "yea Christina whats up" "okay.......look were you just watching the news right now. About a boy named......... Jacob." Oh no where is she going with this I thought to my self. " yea. I heard about it right now why." "Well........I,I...........I am the one who killed him." " CHRISTINA NO YOU CAN'T BE THE ONE WHO DID IT NO!!!!!" "BUT I AM THE ONE WHO DID IT. YOU SEE I WAS DATING JACOB. He was so nice to me the day we met and he said If I didn't run away with him. Something bad is going to happen to my family. So I drove to talk to Jacob and when he wasn't looking I had a knife behind my back. And when he wasn't looking. I stab him. I didn't want to but I had no choice." " Christina why didn't you just go to the police." "I don't know. I thought they wouldn't believe me because his dad a cop to, and I was thinking because his dad was a cop and everything. I thought he wouldn't believe me. " Christina I can't believe you did this. What am I suppose to do Christina. I got to tell someone. I just have to. I have to tell.........someone. Christina. I got to." " No Julia you can't. If you tell on me they could send me somewhere bad. Do you want then to take me away. And you can't tell Julia because if you do. Lets just say your mom would so miss you. So think about it. " " What happened to you Christina. This---." she interrupted me. "LOOK. Make a decision or I'll make it for you." I hung up on her. I can't believe this. I have to be dreaming. NO. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! I yelled.

Until than on kept my secret from my best friend. I still can't believe this happened. But it did.




3 comments:

  1. Ur story was SO COOL
    all u have to do is put the paragraphs closer and then check some spelling
    other than that its great

    Another thing i noticed

    JACOB IN THE WOODS...
    where have i heard that before

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Story Crystal.
    I agree with Amanda you should put the paragraphs closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!
    Cool Story
    I never thought it will end like this

    ReplyDelete